sit down and spill your heart, let's start from the very start.

Sunday, October 03, 2010

There's a sort of clarity in the morning after. I'm not sure when it happened, or even how we got to this point with everything that's gone on. But somewhere along the way we've become best friends. It didn't even occur to me until I got introduced as your best friend that it hit me. That this is exactly where we are. It's kind of nice to know we've evolved to this. There's a warm fuzzy feeling that goes with it.

Not to say the original Best Friend isn't my best friend anymore. She's always going to be that. More than that, actually. There aren't many people you can confide your deepest darkest moments to and still love you for everything you are. Plus she's the only one in my life that I can spend 3 weeks in close proximity with (read: cramped in a tiny room) and still miss her when I leave. The last time we were in London we gabbed for 3 weeks straight, day and night. And the first thing we do when we get to our respective homes in Singapore is call each other and still have tons to talk about. I think that comes from knowing someone since you're five. We can be chatting about something from today, then snap right to a conversation we had ten years ago, and bounce right back to the present without skipping a beat. I'll just steal from Train and call her my soul sister since that's exactly what she is to me.

Come to think of it, I'm pretty damn lucky that I've got a soul sister and a best friend. How many people can honestly say they have two such fabulous connections in their lives?

No comments: